Thursday, March 17, 2011

Figure Skating Halloween Costumes

My country: Italy!

live abroad for the past 5 years, but few seem not. I noticed yesterday returning by train from Milan to Zurich talking to two women who were traveling with me, both comic with the same name and both live in Switzerland with her boyfriend. I reported back to the time when I spent all weekend on the trains and possible bridges between Italy and Switzerland to meet my then boyfriend (aka Lombard) lazy that he preferred that I join him in Switzerland, in fact it was also more convenient time since I shared a house with a sister and we had complete privacy.
Since then many things have changed, no trains, are always the Cisalpine equal and swaying gondolas always mad and I feel less strange every time I arrive in Zurich and Swiss German feel, or better say I feel more at home in Switzerland and Italy. Italy is my land, I love her, I know its flaws and appreciate its virtues: the climate, first of all, it's always hotter than in Switzerland as though these days it rained and it rained!
Just today we celebrate Italy, its unity under one flag, those beautiful green, white and red that make us sing the song very often only during sporting events. I remember, however, when children study the Renaissance and when the teachers of elementary and his companions went in front of the monument of our small country to sing the anthem, learned in weeks of preparation, not understanding at all the words we sang. We laughed at all ' helmet of Scipio, who was that Scipio anthem? Boh never understood! Despite this we pride ourselves in our white apron with pink ribbons for girls and blue for boys, for the occasion ironed and spotless white .. this week was colored smudge of ink, etc. chocolate stains. That day, no, we were all perfect, even now when I see a group of children on television with their flags ready to repeat the anthem I get emotional because there's all that .. we represent a people made up of many people with different ideas sometimes but a single and united people: Italian!

bloggiste thank all who have given me an award, but I appreciate very much prefer not to post and not return. Virtually gift the prize to all those I read and I read!

0 comments:

Post a Comment